Our Weather

Click for Woodville, Virginia Forecast

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day 7: November 22, 2008

Port: Deltaville (37.56N/76.34W)

Weather: Its really sunny outside today which is a bonus. As for the rest of the weather, I am not even going to worry about reporting it. We hear its nasty out there and are happy to be tucked in here. :)

Today is relax, recoup, recover day! We are holing up in Deltaville for an extra night due to the forecasted weather of continued gale warnings. We do not wish to repeat yesterday. The pads of my fingers still hurt from being so cold. We slept in, had a wonderful egg and bacon breakfast, and are drying out our clothes from yesterday. Mom and I are so excited about the heat in the bathrooms, that we make excuses to have to go and sit in there. It's amazing the luxuries we take for granted, such as heated bathrooms. :)

Of course I say this all in jest, because I really do love roughing it and the cold isn't thaaaaaat bad. It's just a little hysterical to us.

We plan tomorrow to head out for Norfolk, as the weather is supposed to turn.

Good weather and happy sailing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear that you guys are doing well. You're photos are beautiful and I wish your family an awesome thanksgiving! We miss you and love you.
~Lauren